Cineplex Entertainment presents Kevin Smith: Live From Behind featuring Jay & Silent Bob Grow Old, an interactive event hosted by Kevin Smith on February 2, 2012 at 9.30 p.m. EST.
Live from the Scotiabank Theatre Toronto, the event will be broadcast via satellite to more than 70 movie theatres in Canada and 500 movie theatres in the United States.
The event will be split into two segments, starting with Smith introducing fellow actor and long-time friend Jason “Jay” Mewes. The two will host their highly rated podcast Jay & Silent Bob Get Old. The second half of the event will be a question and answer session with Smith as he answers questions from the live theatre audience and from fans via Twitter.
This will be the first Kevin Smith question and answer broadcast in North America where Smith interacts with the live theatre audience and his fans on social media simultaneously.
Tickets go on sale on for the general public on December 2. The SCENE program is open to participants via registration at www.scene.ca. Tickets can be purchased at participating theatre box offices and online at www.cineplex.com/events or their mobile site m.cineplex.com.
Smith is a screenwriter, actor, film producer and director as well as a popular comic book writer, author, comedian/raconteur, and Internet radio personality best recognized by viewers as Silent Bob. He is most famous for his cult film catalogue including Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Jersey Girl, Clerks II, Zack and Miri Make a Porno, and his newest film Red State, which premiered at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.
Smith also sports three DVD releases of his various college question and answer sessions (An Evening With Kevin Smith, An Evening With Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder, A Threevening with Kevin Smith, as well as an EPIX Original question and answer special Kevin Smith: Too Fat For 40.
Smith has also published two books full of essays and blog postings (Silent Bob Speaks and the New York Times Best Selling My Boring Ass Life), as well as Shootin’ the Sh-t with Kevin Smith – a collection of the best material from SModcast, Smith and producer Scott Mosier’s weekly podcast. www.smodcast.com.
The event will play at the following theatres in Canada:
- Burnaby SilverCity Metropolis Cinemas, 4700 Kingsway Avenue
- Burns Lake Beacon Theatre, 441 Highway 16
- Chilliwack Galaxy Cinemas Chilliwack, 8249 Eagle Landing Parkway
- Coquitlam SilverCity Coquitlam Cinemas, 170 Schoolhouse Street
- Langley Colossus Langley Cinemas, 20090 91A Avenue
- Nanaimo Galaxy Cinemas Nanaimo, 213-4750 Rutherford Road
- Prince George Famous Players 6 Cinemas, 172-1600 Fifth Avenue
- Richmond SilverCity Riverport Cinemas, 14211 Entertainment Way
- Surrey Empire Studio 12 Guildford, 15051 101st Avenue
- Vancouver Scotiabank Theatre Vancouver, 900 Burrard Street
- Vernon Galaxy Cinemas Vernon, 2306 Highway 6 Victoria SilverCity
- Victoria Cinemas, 3130 Tillicum Road
- Sunridge Spectrum Cinemas, 400-2555 32nd Avenue
- Scotiabank Theatre Chinook, 6455 Macleod Trail SW
- Empire Studio 16 Country Hills, 300-388 Country Hills Blvd NE
- Edmonton Cineplex Odeon
- South Edmonton Cinemas, 1525-99th Street NW
- Scotiabank Theatre Edmonton, 8882-170 Street
- EMPIRE Theatres City Centre Edmonton, 10200 102nd Avenue
- Grand Prairie Cinemas, 10330-109th Street
- Lethbridge Galaxy Cinemas Lethbridge, 501-1st Avenue SW
- Red Deer Galaxy Cinemas Red Deer, 357-37400 Highway #2
About the Author (Author Profile)