A kitchen fire in the northeast around noon on Thursday was quickly extinguished by members of the Calgary Fire Department.
The fire was in a home in the 300 block of Rundleview Dr N.E. When crews arrived, they discovered substantial smoke coming from the roof vent area and back end of the house. The fire was found in the kitchen area of the home and it originated from the stove.
Fire fighters were quick to extinguish the blaze, but not before extensive damage was done to the kitchen.
There was no one inside the home at the time of the blaze and no injuries were sustained by firefighters.
Firefighters were called to a house fire in the 60 block of Storybook Garden N.W., at around 12:30 p.m. on Thursday.
When crews arrived, they saw smoke coming from one of ...
Fire crews were called out to a roof fire at a business in the Airways Industrial area Wednesday just after 9 p.m.
When crews arrived at the building in the 2600 ...
Just before 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Airdrie RCMP and Airdrie Emergency Services were called to a house fire at 149 Big Springs Drive in Airdrie.
Firefighters worked for several hours to ...
Three people safely escaped from their burning mobile home on Wednesday morning in the southeast quadrant of the city.
At around 3:30 the Calgary Fire Department was called out to a ...
A pot left unattended on a stove caught fire and spread to cupboards in a kitchen of a condo unit in the 2000 block of Somervale Court S.W. on Monday ...
A two alarm fire in the northeast on Sunday evening caused extensive damage to two bays in a light industrial strip mall complex.
The fire in an automotive shop in the ...
The Calgary Fire Department was called out to a garage fire in the northwest just before 4:30 a.m., on Saturday.
The detached garage at 1439 22 Ave N.W. was fully engulfed ...
There was a dangerous vehicle fire on Deerfoot Trail on Thursday afternoon. The truck of a two-trailer propane tanker caught on fire and the blaze was threatening to spread to ...
Firefighters rescue man in townhouse fire
Fire crews battle roof fire in Airways Industrial
Careless disposal of cigarette starts house fire
Early morning fire in mobile home
Infant suffers smoke inhalation during condo kitchen fire
Fire in northeast light industrial strip mall
Garage fire spreads to motorhome
Propane tanker on fire on Deerfoot