Fish & Bird touring Canada and preparing for their fourth album
Canada’s alternative-folk band Fish & Bird have a busy year in front of them.
They’ll be touring Canada for the next two months and are also preparing to record their next album.
Fish & Bird have announced the currently untitled album will be released early next year.
The band will offer debut performances of the album in their upcoming tour.
Fish & Bird kept themselves active during their short break, with fiddler Adam Iredale-Gray touring in Europe with Vancouver’s Jenny Ritter, and banjo player/vocalist Taylor Ashton releasing an album as well as touring Canada with Bull Kelp alongside former Fish & Bird bass player Zoe Guigueno.
Tell us what you think of the Canadian oil sands by filling out this brief survey. $2 will be donated to breast cancer research for every completed survey.
Fish & Bird have also put together a limited edition cassette-only compilation titled 10 Golden Hits which consists of their favourite song from their previous three albums plus one brand new song.
The band’s music, which has been described as a clean and provocative mixture of rock, alternative and folk music, is gaining popularity across not only Canada but the United States and United Kingdom as well.
For three years in a row, Fish & Bird has been showcased at the International Folk Alliance Conference, and have played in Winnipeg and Vancouver Folk Festivals to mention a few.
Fish & Bird will perform on the following dates across Canada:
- April 5 – Centennial Theatre, North Vancouver, BC
- April 6 – House Concert, Horsefly, BC
- April 7 – ArtSpace, Prince George, BC
- April 11 – The Royal, Nelson, BC
- April 13 – Ag Hall, Mayne Island, BC
- April 19 – Upstairs Cabaret, Victoria, BC
- April 20 – The Waverly, Cumberland, BC
- April 21 to May 2 – In The Studio
- May 21 – The Park Theatre, Winnipeg, MB
- May 22 – Vangelis Tavern, Saskatoon, SK
- May 26 – The Artery, Edmonton, AB