Cineplex Entertainment is bringing back its extremely popular series The Met: Live in HD to participating Cineplex theatres starting on October 15.
The company will be broadcasting live, via satellite in high definition and 5.1 digital surround sound, 11 transmissions of the series with Anna Bolena. Participating Calgary Cineplex Odean theatres are Crowfoot Crossing, Westhills Cinemas and Scotiabank Theatre Chinook.
“We are delighted to once again offer The Met: Live in HD as this series is extremely popular with our guests,” says Cineplex Entertainment Vice-President of Communications and Investor Relations Pat Marshall.
“Performances will sell out well in advance so I recommend purchasing tickets early to avoid disappointment, especially with the great lineup the Met has put together this year.”
SCENE and qualified Met Opera members can purchase tickets for the 2011-12 season at participating theatre box offices or, for the first year ever, guests can buy their tickets online at www.cineplex.com/events starting August 19. The on sale date for the general public is August 29. Season ticket packages are available at a special rate; tickets for individual performances are also available. A group rate is available for groups of 20 or more. For additional information on group rates, please call 1.800.313.4461 or email email@example.com.
The 2011-12 season of The Met: Live in HD will feature the following productions:
- Donizetti’s Anna Bolena (Met Premiere Production) on October 15 at 12:55 p.m. EDT
- Mozart’s Don Giovanni (New Production) on October 29 at 12:55 p.m. EDT
- Wagner’s Siegfried (New Production) on November 5 at 12 p.m. EDT
- Glass’s Satyagraha on November 19 at 12:55 p.m. EST
- Handel’s Rodelinda on December 3 at 12:30 p.m. EST
- Gounod’s Faust (New Production) on December 10 at 12:55 p.m. EST
- Handel, Vivaldi, Rameau’s The Enchanted Island (World Premiere) on January 21, 2012 at 12:55 p.m. EST
- Wagner’s Gotterdammerung (New Production) on February 11, 2012 at 12 p.m. EST
- Verdi’s Ernani on February 25, 2012 at 12:55 p.m. EST
- Massenet’s Manon (New Production) on April 7, 2012 at 12 p.m. EDT
- Verdi’s La Traviata on April 14, 2012 at 12:55 p.m. EDT
Cineplex will offer encore presentations on Saturday afternoons and Monday evenings of select performances at participating theatres. The encore presentation schedule is as follows:
- November 12 and Monday, November 21 – Anna Bolena
- December 17 and Monday, January 9, 2012 – Don Giovanni
- January 14, 2012 – Satyagraha
- January 28, 2012 – Rodelinda
- February 4, 2012 and Monday, February 27, 2012 – Faust
- March 3, 2012 and Monday, March 26, 2012 – The Enchanted Island
- March 31, 2012 – Ernani
- April 28, 2012 and May 14, 2012 – Manon
- May 26, 2012 and June 4, 2012 – La Traviata
For a complete list of this year’s productions and participating theatres, visit www.cineplex.com/events.
About the Author (Author Profile)