Fire crews were called out to a roof fire at a business in the Airways Industrial area Wednesday just after 9 p.m.
When crews arrived at the building in the 2600 block of 18 St N.E., they were met with fire and black smoke from the middle roof area of an 11 unit warehouse complex.
Crews quickly went to work and extinguished the fire and also checked the businesses in the building for smoke or fire spread. Firefighters had contained the fire to the roof of the building.
The building’s roof was under restoration by a roofing contractor. The fire is under investigation.
At around 5 p.m. on Tuesday Calgary Fire Department crews were called out to a fire at the Sacred Heart Church on 14 St and 13 Ave S.W.
When crews arrived ...
A sofa fire caused an estimated $2,000 damage to a high-rise apartment building in the East Village late Monday afternoon.
Around 5:15 p.m. the Calgary Fire Department responded to the 800 ...
Calgary Fire Department crews were called to a house fire on Tuesday evening in the northwest neighbourhood of Bowness at around 6 p.m.
The home in the 5800 block of Bow ...
Firefighters had to remove the roof of a vehicle to free a trapped man after a high speed crash at Rocky Ridge Road and 112 Ave. N.W. Wednesday night.
The Calgary Fire ...
A pot left unattended on a stove caught fire and spread to cupboards in a kitchen of a condo unit in the 2000 block of Somervale Court S.W. on Monday ...
The Calgary Fire Department was called in to fight numerous grass fires fuelled by dry grass, high winds and warm weather in the southeast on Friday morning.
At around 9:30 a.m., ...
Three people safely escaped from their burning mobile home on Wednesday morning in the southeast quadrant of the city.
At around 3:30 the Calgary Fire Department was called out to a ...
A woman in her fifties was injured when the motorhome she was living in caught fire while she was inside the RV.
Firefighters were called to a home in the 1400 ...
Fire at Sacred Heart Church on Tuesday afternoon
Fire department called out to East Village high-rise
Bowness house fire spreads to neighbouring home
Crash sends man to hospital, firefighters cut roof
Infant suffers smoke inhalation during condo kitchen fire
Dry conditions fuel grass fire in southeast
Early morning fire in mobile home
Woman injured in fire in RV